Professional Massage To Relieve Back Pain
If you’ve ever suffered from back pain, you know how debilitating it can be. Back pain can disrupt your everyday life and make even the simplest of tasks unbearable. While it can often take weeks or even months to recover from a bad bout of back pain, there are things that you can do to help relieve the pain and hasten your recovery. One of these is to invest in a professional massage.
Not too sure how a professional massage can help relieve your back pain? Learn more about the benefits here or get in touch to book!
What Can Cause Back Pain?
You might not realise just how much weight and tension your back undergoes every day. It’s estimated that back pain causes approximately 40% of all work-related absences, indicating that back pain is more common than you might think.
Back pain, tension or stiffness can be caused by a multitude of different reasons, ranging from tweaked muscles and ligaments to a slipped disc and everything in between.
Do Massages Help With Back Pain?
While it is possible to treat the symptoms of back pain with bed rest, pain relief or with the application of hot or cold packs, this doesn’t really address the underlying issue that causes the back pain to begin with. Studies have found a massage can bring more pain relief and help treat the issue that is causing your bad back.
Understandably, massages to relieve back pain have become more popular in recent years and, when combined with more conventional methods, can promote substantial healing and pain relief. Professional massage therapists are able to target the correct muscles to provide natural pain relief.
What Are The Different Types Of Massage That Might Help With Back Pain?
There are a variety of different types of massage techniques that can be employed to assist with your back pain. The key is finding the right technique for you and your pain. Some of the more common include:
- A deep tissue massage is a form of massage that helps to alleviate tension and stress in your muscles and connective tissues by using deep finger pressure and slow strokes.
- This is a great way to alleviate deep or intense pain.
- A trigger point massage is often suited to someone who has suffered from an injury, medical condition or chronic pain.
- Your body will often contain areas of tightness also known as trigger points that your massage therapist targets with broad, flowing strokes and strong, deep pressure.
- A sports massage is often utilised with athletes in mind when they are preparing for and recovering from muscle pains from athletic activities and sports.
- A hot stone massage is the perfect balance for those who are suffering from sore backs but also want to relax in their massage a bit.
- The use of heated stones in addition to hands allows the therapist to ease muscle tension, improve blood flow and relieve pain.
Some Of Our Other Posts
Exploring chiropractic treatments opens up a world of potential benefits, particularly for seniors. In this blog, we’ll understand the role of chiropractic care in enhancing
Common Chiropractic Adjustments: What To Expect Many people have wondered if a visit to a chiropractor can make them taller. It’s a fascinating question and