Types Of Massage & Their Benefits
Massage In Gladstone
When you come home at the end of a hard day’s work with aching muscles and general soreness, something like a massage sounds like the best thing in the world. Well, here at CQ Chiropractic, we are here to let you know that you are absolutely correct!
Massage is not only good for your body in a physical sense but it can also be massively restorative in a therapeutic way. If you have never had a massage before, then you probably aren’t aware of the wide variety of styles and types that are available to you. With that in mind, here is a brief rundown of some of the most popular types of massage, and the specific benefits that they provide.
- Swedish massage is a gentle full body massage that is perfect for people who are new to massage and just have a lot of overall tension that they want to release in their body.
- If you are sensitive to the touch then a Swedish massage might be the best starting point for you.
Hot Stone Massage
- Hot stone massage works by placing heated stones on different pressure point areas of your body to help relieve stress and muscle tension.
- It helps to prompt relaxation and can do wonder with alleviating pain that wasn’t going away through other massage types.
- This is the kind of massage that is ideal for somebody who also wants an emotional form of healing along with the physical.
- Essential oils are used to evoke certain emotions and have certain sensory impacts along with the gentle form of massage.
Deep Tissue Massage
- This is the kind of massage to go for if you have a chronic problem with muscle pain or lasting pain from a previous injury.
- Intensive pressure is applied to the areas to really get deep and relieve that tension to undo muscle formations that might have occurred in an unnatural and painful way.
So, if you are interested in exploring the benefits of a certain type of massage, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here at CQ Chiropractic. Please contact any one of our trained and experienced team members and they will be more than happy to answer any questions that you might have.
We ensure all of our clients are as comfortable and at ease as possible before going ahead with any kind of treatment. Please reach out to us to book an appointment or for any further information. We look forward to hearing from you.